Solo – Young Artiste Junior Category
The Young Artiste Junior Category aspires to identify and discover musicians age 14 and below who demonstrates exceptional talent and artistry in their performance. This category accepts applications for Violin, Viola and Cello only.
Open to participants age 14 and below. (Born in or after 2007)
Entry Fee 2021
Performance Requirement for Preliminary & Final Round
The first OR third movement (without cadenza, if applicable) from any of concertos listed for the respective instrument. It is compulsory for participants to perform the same piece for both the Preliminary and Final Round. The performance must not exceed 8 minutes.
- J.S. BACH: Concerto No. 1 in A minor, BWV1041; Concerto No. 2 in E major, BWV1042
- VIVALDI: Any of the “Four Seasons”
- VIVALDI: Any of the 6 concertos from Op. 12
- HAYDN: Concerto in C, Hob. VIIa:1; Concerto in G, Hob. Hob. VIIa:4
- J. C. BACH/HENRI CASADESUS: Concerto in C minor
- HOFFMEISTER: Concerto in D major
- STAMITZ: Concerto in D major, Op. 1
- C.P.E. BACH: Concerto in A minor, Wq170; Concerto in A major, Wq172
- VIVALDI: Concerto in F major; Concerto in C minor, RV401; Concerto in G major, RV403; Concerto in G minor RV416; Concerto in A minor, RV418; Concerto in B minor, RV424;