Solo – Young Artiste Junior Category
Open to participants age 14 and below. (Born in or after 2009).
The Young Artiste Junior Category aspires to identify and discover musicians age 14 and below who demonstrates exceptional talent and artistry in their performance. This category accepts applications for Violin, Viola and Cello only.
Performance Requirement** for Preliminary & Final Round
The first OR third movement (without cadenza, if applicable) from any of concertos listed for the respective instrument. It is compulsory for participants to perform the same piece for both the Preliminary and Final Round. The performance must not exceed 8 minutes.
*Please take note that local taxes may apply for participants outside of Malaysia.
ONLINE PRELIMINARY ROUND
LIVE PRELIMINARY ROUND*
Administration Fee* of RM200*** per participant is applicable for registration to the Final Round.
***Only applicable for participants from the Malaysian regional preliminary rounds. For other regions, please refer to your country representative.
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE – Live Preliminary Round entry fees and Final Round Administration Fee are inclusive of ONE audience entry pass (Solo Performances), and TWO audience entry passes (Ensemble Category).
Performances exceeding the stipulated time limit may be disqualified.
Click HERE for guidance on repertoire selection.
INSTRUMENT SPECIFIC REPERTOIRE LIST
- J.S. BACH: Concerto No. 1 in A minor, BWV1041; Concerto No. 2 in E major, BWV1042
- VIVALDI: Any of the “Four Seasons”
- VIVALDI: Any of the 6 concertos from Op. 12
- HAYDN: Concerto in C, Hob. VIIa:1; Concerto in G, Hob. Hob. VIIa:4
- J. C. BACH/HENRI CASADESUS: Concerto in C minor
- HOFFMEISTER: Concerto in D major
- STAMITZ: Concerto in D major, Op. 1
- C.P.E. BACH: Concerto in A minor, Wq170; Concerto in A major, Wq172
- VIVALDI: Concerto in F major; Concerto in C minor, RV401; Concerto in G major, RV403; Concerto in G minor RV416; Concerto in A minor, RV418; Concerto in B minor, RV424;